Online sports betting is all about the experience and multilingual sportsbooking websites have to deliver equally immersive experiences to users from every target language and location.
The interactive nature of online betting makes this one of the most challenging types of website translation. Your content needs to inspire action on every visit and keep users coming back for more, which is only made more difficult by the diversity of sports interest around the world.
Here are seven key things your customers want to see from a multilingual sportsbook website.
Building multilingual experiences for sports betting fans
Each of your target audiences has their own interests and expectations from an online betting experience. Your aim is to satisfy all of these by providing a diverse mix of strategic content to maximise excitement about the sporting events most relevant to them.
These are the key things you need to deliver to create an engaging experience for all of your target audiences:
- Perfect website translation: This is the minimum requirement for sportsbook translation, including the translation of content, but also the structure of your website, intuitive language selection, multilingual SEO and inclusive UX design.
- Real-time translation: With live events unfolding in real-time, users expect live commentary and real-time updates to help them make informed betting choices.
- Relatable language: Every sport has its own catalogue of vocabulary and slang, which you need to capture in every target language.
- Localised content: Instead of delivering the same content to every audience, you want to promote the most popular sport in each area, as well as the most important competitions or events in relation to local interests.
- Their favourite sports: On an individual level, users are always going to respond better to their favourite sports, teams, sporting personality and events.
- Personalisation: As well as promoting individuals’ favourite sports and events, delivering personalised offers, rewards and incentives can maximise engagement and plays.
- Fast loading times: Loading times must be fast for every target audience, no matter how far away they are from your server locations.
As you can see from the list above, the key to successful sportsbook translation is delivering the most relevant content to each target audience – not only in their own language, but matching their collective and individual interests.
Breaking away from default experiences
The key takeaway from this article is that simply translating pages into other languages is not enough to engage multilingual sports betters. It is vital to create immersive experiences by localising content to match local interests (national teams, national sports, local heroes, etc.) so that users in South Korea, for example, might see pictures of Tottenham’s Son Heung-min in promo content for the Premier League, as the country’s leading football star.
Taking things further, the best sportsbook websites combine translation technology with big data and personalisation in order to deliver relevant content based on individual users’ previous interactions. For example, a user who bets most on horse racing and boxing is more likely to see content promoting the two sports and relevant events when they revisit those websites’ homepage or when opening their app.
If you are currently building a multilingual sportsbook website and need help with the localisation part, feel free to contact us.
- Posted by admin
- On 21st May 2021
- 0 Comments